Sunday, February 15, 2009

Green-ish

Whenever I hear or read about people doing things to conserve energy, or save the planet or preserve our natural resources I just want to run away. Honestly, I am rather a rebel in this area. :) I am a saver rather than a spender, but the whole idea of being "green" repulses me. I think a lot of it is that it is so hip and trendy and the thing to do. If anything is "in" I usually run the opposite direction because I hate hype. :) There is also the whole aspect that being "green" doesn't really help as much as people think it does. Prove that to me and maybe I will think about it. :) If you really want to convince me of anything, give me credible statistics over an extended period of time (long enough that its not just hype but is proven fact) and you've got a good shot of persuading me. :)

No comments: